- Your favorite batch of cupcakes
- Your favorite butter cream frosting tinted Orange or Purple(we used Wilton's paste icing color in Orange and Violet)
- Pre-made batch of black tinted fondant
- Small amount of pre-made white fondant tinted purple (you can color your own, but we used Wilton's Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant in the Neon Purple)
- Small Rolling Pin
- 1” diameter cookie cutter
- Wax Paper
Cupcake Icing Tools
- Wilton 1M Star Icing Tip
- Icing Bag
- Brown Cupcake Liners OR Halloween themed Cupcake Wrapper
Making the hats:
Step 1: Break off a small ball of black fondant. Mold the ball into a cone shape. Break off a second ball and roll out on a flat surface. With the round cutter, cut out the hat base from the fondant. Attach the cone and hat brim together. Slightly curve the tip of the hat over.
Step 2: Roll out the purple fondant. Cut thin strips to form band on brim. Wrap strip around base of hat and carefully secure two ends of fondant strip together. Set aside the assembled pieces on the wax paper to harden.
Icing the Cupcake:
Step 1: Fill the icing bag with purple or orange butter cream and fit the opening with a 1M tip. Using a circular motion, squeeze out icing to cover the top of the cupcakes.
Step 2: Place the hats on your cupcakes.